This cute activity will help reinforce color identification, sequencing and even learn about rainbows. Read a few books about St. Patrick’s Day and Rainbows before the project to introduce it.
You can introduce and reinforce these science concepts as well:
SCIENTIFIC PROCESSES USED
- Seeing and matching the marshmallows to the colors of the rainbow
- Hearing and listening to directions given.
- Oral Explanation of what a rainbow is and the colors in one.
- Pictorial Showing pictures of rainbows in a book or online
- Sequencing the marshmallows in order of the colors of the rainbow
- Grouping marshmallows and sorting by color into containers
Check out our page for complete instructions for this Marshmallow Rainbow Activity and a FREE printable template for the rainbow!
Tip: Look for a brand of marshmallows that has the “brightest” colors. We found a store brand that had more vibrant colors.